For appropriate patients transitioning to long-acting opioid therapy.
Starting therapy on BELBUCA™
Now that your doctor has prescribed BELBUCA™ for your chronic pain*, learn how to get the most out of your treatment with helpful information and the BELBUCA™ Savings Program.
BELBUCA™ Copay Card
Eligible patients pay as little as $0 for BELBUCA™†
No activation required
*Pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate.
†Eligible patients pay $0 copay and save up to $150 on each prescription during the first month of copay card use and $25 copay for subsequent months with up to $100 savings for each additional prescription. Restrictions apply.
Please click here to see eligibility and restrictions
Offer good only in the U.S. and void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Offer is good for U.S. residents only who are 18 years or older. Offer is not valid if you are eligible for coverage under Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, Veteran Affairs, or any other state or federally funded healthcare program. Cash-paying patients and patients without third-party insurance are not eligible. Patient, pharmacist, and prescriber agree not to seek reimbursement for all or any part of the benefit received by the patient through this offer. Patient is responsible for reporting receipt of this coupon benefit to any insurer, health plan, or other third party who pays for or reimburses any part of the prescription filled using the coupon, as may be required. This card is the property of Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc. and must be returned upon request. Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc. and IMS Health Inc. reserve the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice.
BELBUCA™ Patient Important Safety Information
BELBUCA™ (bel-BUE-kuh) (buprenorphine) buccal film, CIII
- A strong prescription pain medicine that contains an opioid (narcotic) that is used to manage pain severe enough to require daily around-the-clock, long-term treatment with an opioid, when other pain treatments such as non-opioid pain medicines or immediate-release opioid medicines do not treat your pain well enough or you cannot tolerate them.
- A long-acting opioid pain medicine that can put you at risk for overdose and death. Even if you take your dose correctly as prescribed, you are at risk for opioid addiction, abuse, and misuse that can lead to death.
- Not for use to treat pain that is not around-the-clock.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION about BELBUCA™
- Get emergency help right away if you take too much BELBUCA™ (overdose). When you first start taking BELBUCA™, when your dose is changed, or if you take too much (overdose), serious or life-threatening breathing problems that can lead to death may occur.
- Never give anyone else your BELBUCA™. They could die from taking it. Store BELBUCA™ away from children and in a safe place to prevent stealing or abuse. Selling or giving away BELBUCA™ is against the law.
Do not use BELBUCA™ if you have:
- severe asthma, trouble breathing, or other lung problems.
- a bowel blockage or have narrowing of the stomach or intestines.
Before applying BELBUCA™, tell your healthcare provider if you have a history of:
- head injury, seizures
- liver, kidney, thyroid problems
- problems urinating
- heart rhythm problems (long QT syndrome)
- pancreas or gallbladder problems
- abuse of street or prescription drugs, alcohol addiction, or mental health problems
Tell your healthcare provider if you:
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Prolonged use of BELBUCA™ during pregnancy can cause withdrawal symptoms in your newborn baby that could be life-threatening if not recognized and treated.
- are breastfeeding. BELBUCA™ passes into breast milk and may harm your baby.
- are taking prescription or over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements. Taking BELBUCA™ with certain other medicines can cause serious side effects and could lead to death.
While using BELBUCA™:
- Do not change your dose. Apply BELBUCA™ exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- See the detailed Instructions for Use for information about how to apply BELBUCA™.
- Do not apply BELBUCA™ if the package seal is broken, or the film is cut, damaged, or changed in any way.
- After the film has adhered to your cheek, avoid eating or drinking until the film has completely dissolved, usually within 30 minutes.
- Avoid touching or moving the buccal film with your tongue or fingers.
- Call your healthcare provider if the dose you are using does not control your pain.
- Do not stop using BELBUCA™ without talking to your healthcare provider.
- After you stop using BELBUCA™, remove any unused film from the foil pack and flush down the toilet. Throw the empty foil packaging in the trash.
While using BELBUCA™ DO NOT:
- Drive or operate heavy machinery, until you know how BELBUCA™ affects you. BELBUCA™ can make you sleepy, dizzy, or lightheaded
- Drink alcohol or use prescription or over-the-counter medicines containing alcohol. Using products containing alcohol during treatment with BELBUCA™ may cause you to overdose and die.
The possible side effects of BELBUCA™ are:
- nausea, constipation, headache, vomiting, dizziness, and sleepiness. Call your healthcare provider if you have any of these symptoms and they are severe.
Get emergency medical help if you have:
- trouble breathing, shortness of breath, fast heartbeat, chest pain, swelling of your face, tongue or throat, extreme drowsiness, light-headedness when changing positions, or you are feeling faint.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.